Sunday, May 3, 2009

Why Qlogic CTRL-Q doesn't show up when i boot my SUN x6250

If you also encounter this problem, problem most likely lie on your BIOS setting.
  1. Go into your BIOS menu, press F2 while system is power on.
  2. Go to Boot -> Boot Settings Configuration
  3. And change the EM0 FUN0 OPTION ROM to enable (I have doubt on why there is FUN0 to FUN7 and i only need to enable FUN0, search internet but can't seems to find any explanation, if you know please post on the comments. However, i do know the Qlogic card plug at EM x.0 where x is the slot number)
  4. Finally reboot and you should be able to see the CTRL-Q
Enable EM0 FUN0 OPTION ROM

Can see CTRL-Q

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for your post. It helped a lot. Not at the first time though :o)
I enabled FUN0 only and did not get anything but two more network cards. My add-on card has two network ports and two FCs. When I enabled all FUNx, I got my QLogic LUNs. So, I think thoses FUNs are just for potential connections and on card cannot have more than 8 different connections. For example, mine has four